BDG Architects’ renovation project for myMatrixx featured in the Tampa Bay Business Journal
MyMatrixx, an Express Scripts company, offers pharmacy services for workers’ compensation programs that include: formulary and network management, utilization management, claims processing, home delivery and specialty pharmacy care and physician outreach programs.
Founded in 2001, myMatrixx began as a pharmacy benefit manager with AmeriSys as its first client. Today, it has a portfolio of clients across the United States.
About the project
- Date of completed renovation: Summer 2015
- Design firm: BDG Architects and Commercial Design Services Inc.
- Architecture firm: BDG Architects and Commercial Design Services Inc.
- Property owner: Highwoods Properties
- Square footage: New space is approximately 48,000 square feet (more than 2.5 times the size of the previous 18,000 square foot office)
- Floor count: Two
- Number of company employees: 180
- Listings of unique and interesting features: To encourage creativity and innovation, myMatrixx has incorporated more than a dozen collaboration spaces in the design of its new office space. There are meeting rooms with the latest in audiovisual technologies to easily engage with employees and clients across the country. There are also several less conventional “huddle spots” where employees can brainstorm and collaborate with each other. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer views from nearly every area of the office, and several meeting rooms also feature wall murals of historical images of Tampa.
- Share additional details that explain why the space is so awesome and what it has meant for your company culture: When asked what they like most about myMatrixx, employees consistently say “the culture” and “the people.” “Our new office design reflects the value we place on our most important assets, our employees. We are constantly striving to make myMatrixx the best place to work in Tampa. Our cool new office is one way to attract and retain talent. The amenities our space provides demonstrate that we not only reward our employees’ hard work but that we recognize the need to rest and recharge throughout the day in order to provide our clients with the best customer experience possible.”